What is Experiential Marketing?
06th July in Marketing
At Beacon our vision is to bring stories to life and one amazing way of doing this is through experiential marketing.
The basis of experiential marketing is to create a closer connection between the consumer and the brand by immersing them in a fun and memorable experience. In short, bringing a brand, product, or service to life. What better way to tell your story!
The participation in a brilliant experiential marketing campaign can stir positive emotions in people and therefore, will encourage the customer to keep coming back for more over a long period of time. Consequently, experiential marketing can be more effective than any kind of display ad, promoted Tweet or Facebook ad. However, it’s also harder to measure its effectiveness as customer conversions may not happen till much further down the line.
So why should you include experiential marketing as part of your overall strategy?
- A recent survey showed that 74% of people had a more positive brand perception after an event.
- 65% purchased the product or service being promoted.
- As many as 70% of event participants end up becoming regular customers, which means a great ROI for businesses investing in experiential marketing.
- It gives consumers a new way to experience your brand and creates authentic brand awareness. It’s interesting and therefore generates attention!
- 98% of consumers create digital or social content at events, expanding the reach of your campaign.
Experiential marketing is not confined to just events, retail or exhibitions. Using a blend of physical and digital experiences you can deliver a unique, deeper understanding. By combining VR and reality you can showcase digital clothes on physical models, adding experiences to an innovation and ultimately changing the way people live their lives, because they feel what the brand means to them.
If you have an upcoming project or are thinking about doing some experiential marketing, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org